Thursday, November 3, 2011

Week 2's Run #2

Go me! I just completed my second run of week 2. This will probably be the last one of this week because I check out of the hotel tomorrow morning and won't have access to a gym till next Monday (no, I don't want to run on the streets of Taipei).

This second run was done correctly. I put my math skills to use and calculated according to the "plan" I am to walk/run 0.8km, run 0.4km and walk 90 seconds (repeat 7 times), then finish with a walk/run of 0.8km. This time around, I was about done during my first 0.4km run but it became a game of mind vs. body. I convinced myself to keep going by shifiting my focus away from what I was doing. Instead of my usual "what am I doing here!?" way of thinking, I focused on breathing and relaxing my shoulders. I suppose watching TV helps but why do they put that thing so high up that my neck hurts after 5 minutes? Next thing you know, I'm on the 5th set thinking I have to finish so I can blog/talk about it. I do worry about falling off the treadmill when I'm not paying attention.

Today's run/walk was 6.1km or 3.66m in 45 minutes including approximately 10.5 min of walking time in there (90sec * 7), wam up 0.8km run/walk and the cool down 0.8km.

No comments:

Post a Comment